Looking for an affordable South African hunting safari? Here is our South Africa hunting price list for the 2022 and 2023 hunting seasons.
South Africa is currently OPEN for business and our 2021 hunting season was our best ever for plains game and cape buffalo. There is currently NO COVID vaccine requirement and NO COVID-19 quarantine for travelers arriving in South Africa. There are currently direct flights running to South Africa from the United States, Europe, Dubai (UAE), and Doha (Qatar) on United, Delta, KLM, Emirates, and Qatar Airways.
At Big Game Hunting Adventures, our #1 goal is to provide our clients with high quality trophy hunting safaris at a reasonable price. Join us on one of our South Africa hunting packages or custom build your own hunt by using our South Africa hunting price list below. Regardless of the safari you book, you’ll receive first class lodging, excellent food, and outstanding hunting.
While you’re responsible for paying for your airline ticket, taxidermy, and shipment of your trophies home, our South Africa hunting rates include all costs associated with the hunt. There are no hidden fees. Our African hunting safaris all include pick-up and drop off at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
1×1: One Hunter Guided By One Professional Hunter
2×1: Two Hunters Guided By One Professional Hunter
1×1: $430 per hunter, per day
2×1: $380 per hunter, per day
Non Hunter: $220 per person, per day
Included in the Daily Rate:
Exclusive use of the hunting area
Services of a licensed Professional Hunter
Pre-Approved firearm import service or use of one of our rifles with a reasonable quantity of ammunition
Meet & Greet at airport
Transportation between Johannesburg International Airport and hunting areas
Accommodation, food, and beverages
Reasonable quantity of alcoholic beverages
Laundry service during the hunt
Skinning and field preparation of trophies
Delivery of trophies to a Gauteng based taxidermist/shipping company of your choice
CITES Permits and hunting permits (when applicable)
Not Included in the Daily Rate:
Gratuities for staff members
Trophy and taxidermy fees
Shipment of trophies out of South Africa
Personal, travel, and trophy insurance
International calls from cell phones or landlines
For more information on our hunts, check our our Africa FAQ page.
South Africa Hunting Trophy Fees
|Crocodile||Price On Request|
|Livingstone Eland||Price On Request|
|Hippopotamus||Price On Request|
All prices are in US dollars.
South Africa Wing Shooting Fees
Pigeon, Dove, Guinea Fowl, Crested Francolin, Sand Grouse, White Faced Ducks
$350 Per Hunter, Per Day
$25 Per Day Shotgun Rental
$12 Per Box of Shells
Our primary hunting areas have some fantastic bird hunting opportunities and you’re welcome to add a day or two of wing shooting onto a plains game and/or buffalo hunt. In particular, our main camp has healthy populations of pigeon, dove, and guinea fowl year round. Other species are migratory.
Depending on the exact time of year and exact bird species we’re hunting, this can range from sitting on the edge of a field pass shooting doves and pigeons as they come and go (in flocks of dozens and hundreds) to some sort of beaten hunt for other birds using people and/or dogs. There’s good bird hunting all year round, but there are definitely seasonal peaks. The months of May, June, July, and August tend to have really good hunting for a variety of bird species. Contact us for more details.
South Africa Cape Buffalo Hunting Packages
South Africa Cape Buffalo Hunting Package
7 Days (6 Nights) Accommodation
$14,540 Per Hunter (1×1)
$14,290 Per Hunter (2×1)
$1,400 Per Non-Hunter
South Africa Cape Buffalo/Sable Hunting Package
8 Days (7 Nights) Accommodation
1 Cape Buffalo Bull & 1 Trophy Sable
$19,790 Per Hunter (1×1)
$1,595 Per Non-Hunter
Join us on one of our South Africa Cape Buffalo hunts if you want to go up against the legendary Black Death on our outstanding buffalo hunting area in northern Limpopo Province. Cape Buffalo are the most sought after member of the Big Five and this is a real deal Cape Buffalo hunt for wild buffalo on foot and in thick bushveld conditions.
We have a 100% success rate over the past four years and our lifetime success rate on Cape Buffalo hunting safaris is over 90%. We only hunt hard bossed bulls, not immature bulls who have not had an opportunity to breed.
Visit our South Africa Cape Buffalo Hunting page for more details.
Why Should I Book A South Africa Hunting Safari With You?
- No hidden costs: our South Africa hunting packages include everything except for your air fare, taxidermy, and shipment of your trophies.
- We are not a high turnover outfit. Instead, we focus on providing quality hunts with the best possible experience for each guest. For that reason, we only book one hunt at a time. Instead of sharing the area with people that you don’t know, you’ll have the whole place to yourself. This allows us to give you our full attention and ensure that you receive VIP treatment on your hunt.
- We’ll pick you up at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. Unlike a hunt in Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, or the Eastern Cape of South Africa, no follow on airline flights or plane charters are necessary if you book a hunting safari with us.
- If you want to bring your own rifle, we’ll get a temporary import permit for you and help you with all the paperwork involved at no extra charge. So, there is no need to go through the hassle of importing your rifle on your own or pay an additional $200-300 to another company for their help with this.
- We book a limited number of hunts each year, abide by strict quotas, and carefully manage our hunting areas. This ensures that our hunters have high success rates and take the best quality trophies possible (over 90% of our trophies make the Safari Club International or Rowland Ward record book).
- Our Professional Hunters (PHs) are friendly, knowledgeable, and have many years worth of experience guiding North American, European, and Asian hunters on plains game and dangerous game hunting safaris.
- We take pride in providing authentic African hunting safaris with outstanding personal service before, during, and after your hunt. You will not have problems getting in touch us when and we’ll be available to you through the entire process to provide assistance with anything you need related to the hunt.
- We strive to provide high quality, all-inclusive African hunting safaris with no hidden costs. Not every hunting outfitter prices their hunts in this manner.
- This is a veteran owned and operated business and we plan all of our hunts with military precision and attention to detail.
For more information on our hunts, check our our Africa FAQ page.
Our South Africa hunting prices are valid for hunts booked in 2022 and 2023. Though every effort will be made to follow up and recover wounded animals, all animals wounded and not recovered will be charged the full trophy fee.
For hunters that do not wish to bring their own rifles, we have scoped rifles chambered in .308 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield, .338 Winchester Magnum, .375 H&H and .375 Ruger available for our clients. We provide use of the rifle and ammunition suitable for hunting plains game or Cape Buffalo as appropriate at no extra charge.